<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, August 04, 2003

I will be buying a new car during the month of September and I know a bit about some of the cars that are sold here in England. Vauxhall is General Motors, Ford, Volkswagen, Mercedes and all the Korean and Japanese car makers are basically the same in the US, but there are a few that I have never seen before. One is Skoda. I have heard of them because they made tanks during WWII. When I asked an older gentleman about Skoda, he said there was a saying about them: Have a whiskey with a Skoda. They had crap quality when it was a state run company under the communist. Since the Iron Curtain has fallen, Skoda has hired engineers from Volkswagen and improved the quality and styling of the vehicles. The engine is same on from the VW Golf. For the money, Skoda looks like a good deal.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?