<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, September 11, 2003

Sorry for not posting for the past few days. I have been in Manchester and Birkenhead with contractors.

Today is September 11, 2003 and I feel out of it. I am going to visit another contractor in a few minutes, but when I think about what happened two years ago I feel sad and pissed off.

Sad because a few people that my wife and I knew were killed. An old co-worker was died. He worked over at Raytheon and was a good guy. One of the pilots was a member of my fraternity’s alumni group. I meet him once at a family function. You know the type occasion: hi this is my wife, barbeque a hot dog, drink a beer, and play with the kids. My wife lost two co-workers who were flying out west to start the west coast division of her company.

Pissed off, because shit of that scale does not happen over night. A few of OSB boys did not get drunk and say, “dudes, lets blow some shit up tomorrow!” No, the ball was dropped years before. It takes a while to plan, train and put together a logistical network. Targets were scouted, rehearsals were conducted and the operation shop gave it blessing on it.

I have a few friends who are out there defending us and some of them are very dirty in dark parts of the world. God bless you and keep your head low.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?