<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, March 16, 2004

I went in to Tesco the other day, because I was looking for a quick meal to cook. Tesco is one of the largest supermarkets in the United Kingdom and as I went down the aisle with ethnic food I saw some Chinese and Indian foods, but something caught my eye: it was box with the stars and stripes on it. American food is an ethnic food in England! Some of it was tasty sounding: Rustlers Southern Fried Chicken Sandwich, Flamed Grilled Beef Burger, Southern Fried Chicken Burger, and Barbeque Sticky Ribs. But then I saw these dishes: Chicken Fajita Hot Wrap, Chilli Con Carne & Rice, Pasta Alfredo, Jambalaya, Chicken Enchiladas, and Chicken Fajitas. I know some Mexican Americans who would be bit upset if they saw this. The food of their home land being lumped with a bunch of Yankee gringos? Isn’t Pasta Alfredo an Italian dish? Don’t they know that this not politically correct to do! I might have to sit down and eat a few of these dishes to get over this offense.

Do we have to worry about the Saudis?
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?