<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

I am doing a bit a bigger than usual post since I have a few more days here in England and those days will be busy packing, taking care of my family preparing to move back to America and shipping down range to the box as we say in Army lingo. There may be one or two more posts, but it will be post script in manner.

I received an email from Robert at the Expat Yank and he suggested that I leave this blog up and not delete it. I will take him up on this suggestion. Thanks Robert and keep up the good work!

I like to thank anybody who has dropped in and read this blog. Have fun, give a kiss to those who you love, and come on Forest and Red Sox!

Here are some images of the local area and Germany.
Elvaston Park is right down the road from my house and we had a great time walking around.








Theater Royal in Nottingham.


My oldest daughter loves riding the tram. It is brand new in Nottingham, well run and it is fun even for an adult.


Another image of the tram. Each tram in Nottingham is named after a famous resident of Nottingham.




German wine country along the A6 Heildelburg to Kaiserlautern.


More airport reviews:
Unlike Gatwick, Heathrow is big, with tube or subway stop to central London. It is kind of hard to get to since it is on the M-25. If you have to get on the M-25, give your self an extra 30 minutes for the bad traffic. A bit easier to get to if you are coming from the north via the M40.

Los Angles International (LAX)-It is BIG and security is comparable to Munich. Actually it is pretty easy to get to. Parking and the rental car return has easy access.

Dublin, Ireland-rental car returns are a bit dodgy compared to other airports. No subway access, but there is bus line to it from the city center. The government just extended the M-50 ring road to the airport, so it is pretty easy to get to from the country by car. Access from the inner city can be time consuming.

Logan Airport, Boston, MA, USA. Construction is almost over except for terminal A. Easier to access with the Ted Williams Tunnel to the Mass Pike (I-95-points west and 93 north) The new international terminal is nice and roomy except when there are lots of travelers in transit, lines to go through security can be long.

Munich, Germany- Nice, big, clean, with a train station just a quick walk away, and it feels like a big American mall with all the shops. There is easy access from the Autobahn.

Frankfurt, Germany, like Munich, it has train and bus stations part of it. It has easy access next to the A-5 and A-6 Autobahns. Nice food court in terminal two. The car rental offices are part of the airport so there is not shuttle buss to use. Just take the elevator to the basement and pick up your car. A lot nicer set up then Boston, Dublin or LA.

What is honor?

Is Bruce real or not? via Benjamin Kerstein

This is one of the better speeches on what we face as a western society. It is by Haim Harari titled: War on Terror.

Leaves are falling all around,
It's time I was on my way.
Thanks to you I'm much obliged,
For such a pleasant stay.

But now it's time for me to go,
The autumn moon lights my way.
For now I smell the rain,
And with it pain,
And it's headed my way.
Sometimes I grow so tired,
But I know I've got one thing I got to do,

Ramble on,
And now's the time the time is now.

Artist: Led Zeppelin
Song Title: Rock And Roll


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?